Arthur Beaumont (c.1895-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BEAUMONT, ARTHUR. Private. No 1706. 5th Battalion Australian Imperial Force. Born Oldham. Son of Abraham and Christina Beaumont of Rashcliffe, Huddersfield. Employed as a brass finisher by Messrs J Hopkinson of Birkby before emigrating to Australia. Enlisted soon after the outbreak of war and served in Gallipoli, where he contracted Enteric Fever. After making a recovery he was drafted to France. Killed in action, 18.8.1916, aged 21 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the VILLERS-BRETONNEUX MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Cowcliffe Wesleyan Church, Huddersfield.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARTHUR BEAUMONT
- regiment: Australian Infantry
- died: Friday, August 18, 1916
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 1457917
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1457917)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #7354807)