Arnold Taylor (c.1899-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- TAYLOR, ARNOLD. Private. No 133744. 61st Battalion Machine Gun Corps. Formerly No 98011 Sherwood Foresters. Born Golcar. Son of Mary H. Taylor, 19 Mount View, Leymoor Road, Golcar. Employed as a woollen piecer at Parkwood Mills, Longwood. Attended Wellhouse United Methodist Church. Was a member of the Golcar Central Liberal Club. Enlisted in 1917 and embarked for France on Easter Monday, 1918. Died of wounds, 25.10.1918, aged 19 years. Buried St. AUBERTBRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 5, Row D, Grave 7.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Golcar.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARNOLD TAYLOR
- regiment: Machine Gun Corps
- died: Friday, October 25, 1918
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 191932
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #191932)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4362467)