Arnold Buckley (1894-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BUCKLEY, ARNOLD. Gunner. No 142068. 289th Siege Battery Royal Garrison Artillery. Born Longwood 24.6.1894. Son of John Denton and Lavinia Buckely, 161 Longwood Gate, Longwood, Huddersfield. Educated at Goitfield Board School. Prior to enlistment was employed as manager by Mr Shaw Hardcastle in his drapery business in Halifax and formerly worked for Messrs Kaye and Monnington of King Street, Huddersfield. Attended Lockwood Baptist Sunday School. Enlisted 26.4.1916. Embarked for France February, 1917. Killed in action near Ypres, 31.5.1917, aged 23 years. Buried in VLAMERTINGHE MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 7, Row C, Grave 22.
- Brother of Private DONALD BUCKLEY, reported missing, presumed killed, 28.4.1917.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner ARNOLD BUCKLEY
- regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery
- died: Thursday, May 31, 1917
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 137933
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #137933)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #583591)