Archie Ramsden (c.1897-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- RAMSDEN, ARCHIE. Private. No 39977. 7th Battalion Leicestershire Regiment. Born Huddersfield. Son of Tom Herbert and Eliza Ramsden, 13 South Street, Huddersfield. Employed by the London and North Western Railway Company as a junior number-taker at Huddersfield Goods Station. Enlisted March 1917. Reported missing, presumed killed, 23.3.1918, aged 20 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated POZIERES MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARCHIE RAMSDEN
- regiment: Leicestershire Regiment
- died: Saturday, March 23, 1918
- age: 20 years
- record ID: 1587176
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1587176)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3653643)