Archibald Munro (c.1897-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MUNRO, ARCHIE. Private. No 11595. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Hawick, Roxburghshire, Scotland. Son of Daniel Munro, Steps Cottage, Magdale, Honley. Employed by Messrs Josiah France, Queens Square Mill, Honley. Enlisted with his brother in September, 1914, in the 9th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Embarked for France in August, 1915. After suffering from shell shock on July 1st, 1916, was transferred to the 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Killed in action, 12.10.1916, aged 19 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Honley War Memorial.
- Brother of Private WILLIAM MUNRO reported missing, presumed killed, 30.7.1916.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ARCHIE MUNRO
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, October 12, 1916
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 1546544