Archibald Gill (c.1895-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- GILL, ARCHIBALD. Rifleman. No R/19777. 16th Battalion King's Royal Rifle Corps. Born Honley. Son of Mr and Mrs Fred Gill, 29 New Street, Honley. Attended Honley Wesleyan Sunday School. Was a member of Honley Wesleyan Cricket Club and a former member of the Honley Day School football team. Employed at Messrs Oldham's dyeworks at Moll Spring. Enlisted March 1916. Embarked for France in July, 1916. Reported missing, presumed killed, 5.11.1916, aged 21 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Honley War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Rifleman ARCHIBALD GILL
- regiment: King's Royal Rifle Corps
- died: Sunday, November 5, 1916
- record ID: 748430
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #748430)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1760630)