Archibald Bottomley (c.1887-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BOTTOMLEY, ARCHIE. Gunner. No 366222. 20th Siege Battery (North Scottish) Royal Garrison Artillery. Born Upperthong. Son of George and Janet Bottomley, 6 Cooperative Terrace, Meltham. Married, with one child. Employed as a tuner in the spooling department at Meltham Mills. Died of wounds, 12.9.1917, aged 30 years. Buried in TALANA FARM CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row I, Grave 6.
- ROH:- St. Bartholomew's Church, Meltham.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner BOTTOMLEY
- regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery
- died: Wednesday, September 12, 1917
- age: 30 years
- record ID: 100052
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #100052)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #425076)