Anthony Fearnley (c.1889-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- FEARNLEY, ANTHONY. Private. No 203043. 1/4th Battalion King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Formerly No 5737 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Lepton. Son of Charles Fearnley, Spa Bottom, Lepton. Employed as a piecer by Messrs John Kaye and Son, Kings Mill Lane. Enlisted 1915. Died of wounds (gas), 25.7., aged 28 years. Buried COXYDE MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row K, Grave 41.
- ROH:- Lepton Parish Church.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ANTHONY FEARNLEY
- regiment: King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
- died: Wednesday, July 25, 1917
- age: 28 years
- record ID: 89594
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #89594)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1212414)