Angel Inn, New Street, Huddersfield
- location: New Street, Huddersfield
- status: no longer exists
- category: public house, beerhouse, inn, etc.
The Angel Inn was an early public house that was in existence prior to 1803 when Joseph Haigh was named as the licensee. It was described as being on New Street, near to the Market Place.
It was advertised for let in 1810:
To be LETT, and Entered to Immediately, All that Good-accustomed PUBLIC-HOUSE, called the Angel Inn, situate near the Market Place, in the improving Town of Huddersfield, in the West Riding of Yorkshire, with very excellent and commodious Stabling, Warehouses, Outbuildings and a spacious Yard. The Premises are worthy of Attention, and very well adapted for a Public House, having been occupied as such for a great Number of Years.
The exact location is not known and the inn is not marked on the 1851 O.S. Town Plan.
Notes and References
- Leeds Intelligencer (24/Sep/1810).
- For example, in Tindall's Huddersfield Directory (1866).