Andrew Richardson Moore (c.1885-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MOORE, ANDREW RICHARDSON. Corporal. No 53517. 13th (Service) Battalion (1st Barnsley) York and Lancaster Regiment. Formerly No 401 Hussars. Born Midgley, Halifax. Lived New Mill, Holmfirth. Married. (His wife, Annie M. Moore, later went to live in Kilcullen, County Kildare, Ireland). Killed in action, 30.9.1918, aged 33 years. Buried STRAND MILITARY CEMETERY, PLOEGSTEERT, BELGIUM. Grave location:- Plot 8, Row D, Grave 10.
- ROH:- New Mill Working Men's Club, Fulstone.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Corporal MOORE
- regiment: York and Lancaster Regiment
- died: Monday, September 30, 1918
- age: 33 years
- record ID: 165407
- Photos on the Wall: A Short History of New Mill and the Great War (2015) by Tom Ashworth
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #165407)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3098606)