Andrew Dalgleish (c.1885-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- DALGLEISH, ANDREW. Private. No S4/094962. 17th Field Bakery, Army Service Corps. Born Galashiels, Scotland. Son of Andrew and Jane Dalgleish, 2 Rutland Road, Royd Street, Longwood. Was a baker by trade and, before his family came to Huddersfield from Galashiels, was employed by Messrs McVitie and Price of Edinburgh. Died of bronchial pneumonia, 14.5.1918, aged 32 years. Buried BOULOGNE EASTERN CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 9, Row B, Grave 84.
- ROH:- Longwood War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ANDREW DALGLEISH
- regiment: Army Service Corps
- died: Tuesday, May 14, 1918
- age: 32 years
- record ID: 49413
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #49413)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1081839)