Almondbury and Newsome Ward
The Almondbury & Newsome Ward was an electoral ward within the Municipal Borough of Huddersfield (Country Borough from 1889) and also a polling district within the Parliamentary Borough of Huddersfield.
The ward came into being during 1868 as part of the Huddersfield Charter of Incorporation and combined the former Local Board Districts of Almondbury and Newsome. The ward covered Almondbury, Berry Brow, Hall Bower, Longley, Lower Houses, Newsome and Taylor Hill, and comprised a large portion of the historic Township of Almondbury.
The ward was abolished prior to the municipal elections held on 2 November 1908 and the area reallocated to form the new Newsome Ward and Almondbury Ward (the latter with an altered northern boundary).