Built in memory of Miss Hannah Allen — niece of Benjamin Haigh Allen who had endowed Holy Trinity Church — who died in Scarborough on 28 July 1863. Miss Allen's dying wish was reportedly that "an Infants' School should be built at Marsh".
The school was opened on Palm Sunday, 1865.
By the 1960s, the school had been converted into an Adult Education Centre. It was later closed and had been demolished by the 1970s.