Allan Armitage (c.1897-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ARMITAGE, ALLAN. Private. No 28503. 23rd (Tyneside Irish) Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Meltham. Son of John and Clara Armitage, Mill Moor, Meltham. Attended Meltham Wesleyan Church, was a Sunday School teacher there and a Band of Hope worker. Enlisted April, 1916, and embarked for France 10.8.1916. Killed in action, 27.9.1916, aged 19 years. Buried in RATION FARM MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row C, Grave 4.
- ROH:- St. Bartholomew's Church, Meltham.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ALLAN ARMITAGE
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Wednesday, September 27, 1916
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 58305
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #58305)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #657791)