Alfred Gibson (1893-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- GIBSON, ALFRED. Private. No 21216. 10th Battalion King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Born Huddersfield 6.2.1893. Educated St. Andrew's School, Huddersfield. Employed as a labourer at Central Ironworks, Huddersfield. Married. Prior to enlistment, lived at 22a York Street, Huddersfield. Enlisted January 1915. Reported missing, presumed killed, on the first day of the Battle of the Somme, 1.7.1916. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Andrew's Church, Leeds Road, Huddersfield.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ALFRED GIBSON
- regiment: King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
- died: Saturday, July 1, 1916
- record ID: 748219
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #748219)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1339139)