Alfred Dodson (1883-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- DODSON, ALFRED. Private. No 40969. 8th Battalion Lincolnshire Regiment. Formerly No 20546 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born 20 Rose Cottage, Hall Bower, Huddersfield, 22.4.1883. Son of Phillis Ann Dodson, 4 Waingate, Berry Brow. Educated at Berry Brow Council School. Employed as a healder and twister-in at Crosland Factory. Single. Attended Hall Bower Sunday School. Enlisted 23.5.1916. Wounded 22.6.1917 near Arras. Killed in action near Ypres, 23.12.1917, aged 34 years. Buried HOOGE CRATER CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 9a, Row C, Grave 8.
- ROH:- Armitage Bridge War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ALFRED DODSON
- regiment: Lincolnshire Regiment
- died: Sunday, December 23, 1917
- age: 34 years
- record ID: 457871
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #457871)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1659233)