Alfred Beckett (c.1898-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BECKETT, ALFRED. Private. No 42120. 2/6th Battalion South Staffordshire Regiment. Born Stocksbridge, Yorkshire. Son of Mrs Annie Elizabeth Firth (formerly Beckett), of Yew Tree, Holmfirth. Attended Holmbridge Parish Church and was a member of the choir. Enlisted 1917. Reported missing, presumed killed, 21.3.1918, aged 19 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated on the ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ALFRED BECKETT
- regiment: South Staffordshire Regiment
- died: Thursday, March 21, 1918
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 740392
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #740392)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #269423)