Alfred Ainley (1853-1912)
Alfred was born in Outlane, Huddersfield the son of John Ainley in 1853.
- Ethel Sykes Ainley (1882-1884)
- Florence Ainley (1884-1974)
- Gladys Marian Ainley (1885-1961)
- William Henry Sykes Ainley (1888-1984)
- stillborn child (1893)
Alfred was a brewer at the family brewery, John Ainley & Sons Ltd. and took over the firm with his brother Hirst Ainley of Woodlands, Lindley Moor Road, in 1880. Alfred was a member of the Huddersfield County Borough Council as a representative of the Longwood Ward from 1890 to 1891, and from 1897 to 1906.
After Alfred's wife Sarah died on the 28th April 1893, he moved to The Yews, Lindley Moor Road, and lived there until his death on 15th February 1912.
Notes and References
- Married Joseph Godfrey Knight Tomlinson of Joseph Tomlinson & Sons Ltd. of Borough Mews, Sheffield.
- Married John George Martin, solicitor, of Nottingham.
- Married Irene Berry.
- Stillborn daughter. Mother Sarah Ainley, nee Sykes died five days after the birth of her stillborn daughter.