Alexander Stavert (1884-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- STAVERT, ALEXANDER. Ordinary Seaman. No Z/9726. R.N. Depot (Crystal Palace). Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve. Born Hawick, Scotland, 4.6.1884. Educated at Hawick Schools. Employed as a worsted designer. Lived 322 Greenside, Dalton, Huddersfield. Married. Enlisted August 1918. Died of pneumonia, 6.10.1918, at King's College Hospital, London. Buried WILTON CEMETERY, HAWICK, SCOTLAND. Grave Location:- G, Parochial, 1396.
- ROH:- St. James Presbyterian Church; St. John's Church, Kirkheaton.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Ordinary Seaman STAVERT
- regiment: Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve
- died: Sunday, October 6, 1918
- record ID: 664756
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #664756)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #7671977)