Alexander Forsyth Ireland (1899-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- IRELAND, ALEXANDER FORSYTH. Private. No 88056. 1/6th Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Huddersfield 7.11.1899. Eldest son of Richard and Sarah Elizabeth Ireland, 25 Northgate, Huddersfield. Educated St. Thomas's School and Huddersfield Higher Grade School. Assisted his father in the family grocery business. Was a member of the Huddersfield Y.M.C.A. and the swimming club. Enlisted 7.11.1917. Died of pneumonia on Tuesday, 3.12.1918, aged 19, at Surrey House Hospital, Margate. Buried EDGERTON CEMETERY, HUDDERSFIELD. Grave location:- 48, 23C.
- ROH:- Huddersfield Parish Church.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ALEXANDER FORSYTH IRELAND
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Tuesday, December 3, 1918
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 2752107
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752107)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #7694051)