Alexander Edward Barras (c.1878-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BARRAS, ALEXANDER EDWARD. Gunner. No 96691. 59th Battery Royal Field Artillery. Born Fountain Yard, Leeds Road, Huddersfield. 24.11.1878. Educated at Spring Grove Council School. Worked as a motor tyre repairer. Attended St. Paul's Church, Southgate. Married, with six children. Lived 22 Bradley Street, Huddersfield. Enlisted 29.8.1914. Killed in action, 15.8.1917, aged 39 at Potijze, one and a half miles north east of Ypres. Has no known grave. Is commemorated on the MENIN GATE MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Paul's Church, Southgate, Huddersfield.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner ALEX EDWARD BARRAS
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Wednesday, August 15, 1917
- age: 39 years
- record ID: 926764