Albert Victor Robinson (c.1896-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ROBINSON, ALBERT VICTOR. Lance Sergeant. No 18145. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Honley. Son of Mr and Mrs Albert Robinson of Hillcrest, Honley. Educated Almondbury Grammar School and New College, Harrogate. Associated with his father's business at Smithy Place Mills, Brockholes. Enlisted 1916.
- "His father was very reluctant for his son to enlist and appealed to him to stay at home but Albert Victor said, 'No father, all my pals are going. If I stay at home what shall I have to say to them when they come back?'"
- Had been in France for eighteen months when he died of wounds at No 26 General Hospital on 30.3.1918, aged 21 years. Buried ETAPLES MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 33, Row A, Grave 11.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Lance Serjeant ALBERT VICTOR ROBINSON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Saturday, March 30, 1918
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 505285