Albert Parkin (c.1889-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- PARKIN, ALBERT. Gunner. No 202700. 'A' Battery, 307th Brigade, Royal Field Artillery. Formerly No R/19776 King's Royal Rifle Corps. Born Honley. Son of Mr and Mrs Joe Parkin of Magdale, Honley. Employed in the finishing department at Messrs Crowthers, Milnsbridge. Enlisted March 1916. Killed in action, 10.5.1918, aged 28 years. Buried VIELLE-CHAPELLE NEW MILITARY CEMETERY, LACOUTRE. Grave location:- Plot 8, Row E, Grave 3.
- ROH:- Honley War Memorial.
- Brother of Gunner HENRY PARKIN killed in action, 15.10.1916.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner ALBERT PARKIN
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Friday, May 10, 1918
- age: 28 years
- record ID: 280522
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #280522)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3396979)