This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: 81 Lockwood Road
- appears on maps: 1890 [#11]
- location on map: Lockwood Road, Rashcliffe
- status: still exists
- category: private house
- 1861 — woollen manufacturer Joseph Berry (aged 34)
- 1891 — general medical practitioner Peter McGregor (35)
- 1911 — general medical practitioner Peter McGregor (55)
Historic England Listing
The Historic England entry may be erroneous due to the 1861 Census entry for Albert House.
- Grade II
- first listed 29 September 1978
- listing entry number 1134957
LOCKWOOD ROAD (South Side). No 81. 1870. Built for William Whiteley, the textile engineer. Ashlar. Pitched stone slate roof. Two storeys. Moulded eaves cornice. Blocking course. Three ranges of sashes. Canted ground floor with segment-headed sashes, moulded imposts, and moulded cornice. Door with two moulded panels and fanlight, in Tuscan frame with entablature and blocking course.