Albert Harold Hanson (1897-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HANSON, ALBERT HAROLD. Corporal. No 13152. 10th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Westgate, Almondbury, 8.1.1897. Son of Fred and Mary H. Hanson, 61 Cross Lane, Primrose Hill, Huddersfield. Educated Stile Common Council School. Attended Queen Street Mission Young Men's Bible Class. Employed as a spinner. Single. Enlisted 10.9.1914. Killed in action at Inverness Copse on 20.9.1917. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- Brother of Private ERNEST HANSON reported missing at the Battle of Bullecourt, 3.5.1917.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Corporal ALBERT HAROLD HANSON
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, September 20, 1917
- age: 20 years
- record ID: 838374
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #838374)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1542046)