Albert Garner (c.1881-1915)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- GARNER, ALBERT. Rifleman. No 2256. 1st Battalion King's Royal Rifle Corps. Born Leicester. Son of Mr and Mrs Aaron Gardiner. Lived Huddersfield. Had served in the South African Campaign. Killed in action, 10.3.1915. Has no known grave. Commemorated LE TOURET MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. John's Church, Kirkheaton; Lepton Parish Church.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Rifleman ALBERT GARNER
- regiment: King's Royal Rifle Corps
- died: Wednesday, March 10, 1915
- age: 33 years
- record ID: 859762
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #859762)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1306167)