Albert Edward Wider (c.1880-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WIDER, ALBERT EDWARD. Private. No 32624. 15th/17th Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment (1st Leeds Pals). Born Marsden. Second son of William Wider. Lived Sandhurst Cottages, Marsden. Employed by Messrs J and J Bottomley, plasterers and painters, of Marsden. Enlisted May 1916. Embarked for France November, 1916. Killed in action on 25.3.1918, near St. Leger, by the bursting of a shell. He was 37 years of age. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Marsden War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ALBERT EDWARD WIDER
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Monday, March 25, 1918
- record ID: 774110
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #774110)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4737902)