An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HAIGH, ALBERT EDWARD. Rifleman. No 71044. Royal Fusiliers, posted to 2nd/2nd London Regiment (Royal Fusiliers). Formerly No 33954 Res. Cavalry Regiment. Born Milnsbridge. Son of Charles Henry and Alice Matilda Haigh, 7 Scar Lane, Milnsbridge. Killed in action at Passchendaele, 26.10.1917, aged 19 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Longwood War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private ALBERT EDWARD HAIGH
- regiment: Royal Fusiliers
- died: Friday, October 26, 1917
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 837966