Addin Garside (c.1891-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- GARSIDE, ADDIN. Gunner. No 127356. 128th Battery, 29th Brigade Royal Field Artillery. Fourth son of Mr and Mrs Garside, Oak Terrace, 683 Manchester Road, Linthwaite, Huddersfield. Attended Linthwaite Church and Sunday School and was a member of the Church bible class. Employed as a weaver by Messrs Charles Lockwood and Sons Limited, Black Rock Mills, Linthwaite. Was a playing member of the Broad Oak Cricket Club. Enlisted 1.1.1916. Embarked for France 10.4.1916. Killed in action, 18.10.1916, aged 25 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated THIEPVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Linthwaite War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner ADDIN GARSIDE
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Wednesday, October 18, 1916
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 747817
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #747817)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1312309)