This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific company or business. More detailed information may eventually be added. If you have any information relating to this company, please leave a comment or send an email
Abraham Graham & Sons was a building firm established by Abraham Graham (1804-1871).
Following Abraham's death, the firm continued under the same name with with his son Abraham (1833-1899) taking over.
The firm of Ben Graham & Sons was established by another of the Abraham's sons, Ben Graham (1841-1912).
Selected Local Works
n.b. the list also includes works attributed to just Abraham Graham
- Mortuary Chapels (Church of England & Nonconformist) at Edgerton Cemetery (1854)
- Fitzwilliam Street Unitarian Chapel, Huddersfield (1854)
- drains & sewers at St. Paul's Street, Huddersfield (1856)
- sewers at Firth Street & Aspley Street, Huddersfield (1857)
- Britannia Buildings, St. George's Square, Huddersfield (1858)
- sewers at Bath Buildings & Newhouse, Huddersfield (1857)
- sewers at Station Street, Huddersfield
- Deanhouse Workhouse, Netherthong (1860)
- mill for Messrs. Sykes & Dyson at Milnsbridge (1861)
- schools for Highfield Independent Chapel, Huddersfield (1863-65)
- Methodist New Connexion Chapel, High Street, Huddersfield (1864)
- Halifax and Huddersfield Union Bank, New Street, Huddersfield (c.1867)
- cotton mill for Hirst Bros. at Turnbridge, Huddersfield (c.1871)
- laundry & kitchens at George Hotel, St. George's Square, Huddersfield (1873-74)
- Somerset Bridge, Aspley (1874)
- Town Hall, Huddersfield (1880-81)
- Milton Congregational Church, Huddersfield (c.1883)
- Huddersfield Sanatorium for Infectious Diseases, Dalton (1896-??)
Notes and References
- ↑ Huddersfield and Holmfirth Examiner (04/Mar/1854).
- ↑ Huddersfield Chronicle (30/Sep/1854).
- ↑ Huddersfield Chronicle (06/Sep/1856).
- ↑ Huddersfield Chronicle (05/Sep/1857).
- ↑ Huddersfield Chronicle (17/Jul/1858).
- ↑ Huddersfield Chronicle (04/Sep/1858).
- ↑ Huddersfield Chronicle (07/Jul/1860).
- ↑ Huddersfield Chronicle (20/Oct/1860).
- ↑ Huddersfield Chronicle (25/May/1861).
- ↑ Huddersfield Chronicle (04/Apr/1863).
- ↑ Huddersfield Chronicle (30/Jul/1864).
- ↑ See entry 328 for Turnbridge Mill.
- ↑ http://homepage.eircom.net/~lawedd/WHCBLDG1872-88.htm