About Huddersfield Exposed
Huddersfield is a large market town in West Yorkshire, England, with a population of over 160,000 and is rich in both history and architecture.
Huddersfield Exposed was set up in 2015 with the follow goals:
- To explore the history of the town and the surrounding districts, with particular emphasis on the obscure, the unusual and the previous undocumented.
- To detail the lives of those who lived in the area, from the famous to the forgotten.
- To make available under a liberal Creative Commons License all original content created for the site.
- To make available a large amount of historical materials, including facsimiles, reproductions and transcriptions of books, newspaper articles, photographs, postcards, etc, where it is believed that the material is in the Public Domain or when explicit permission has been granted by the rights holder.
- To allow anyone with a genuine interest in the area to contribute research and materials (the latter should either be already in the Public Domain or licensed in such a way as to allowed reproduction on a non-commercial web site).
The above goals are explained in more depth here.
If you've found useful information on this site, please say "thanks" by showing your support.
Should you wish to contact the administrator of this site for any purpose, please use the form below:
If you would prefer to send a direct email, use the following email address:
At present, the server hosting costs for this site are around £600 per year (see details). Some pages on the site include affiliate links to the British Newspaper Archive and Find My Past sites. If you click on one of those links and then take out a subscription, Huddersfield Exposed will receive a small commission which will be used to offset the server hosting costs.
Privacy & Cookies
- This web site uses a local installation of Matomo to provide fully anonymised (IP addresses are not recorded) web analytics and usage reports. If you have configured your web browser to send a Do Not Track (DNT) header, your usage of this site will not be recorded. Matomo may set secure session cookies (these will begin with _pk_).
- If you have an account which allows you to edit the content of this web site, MediaWiki will generate secure session cookies (hudwiki*) once you have logged in.
- The satellite and street map tiles are provided by the following third-party domains who might set a cookie. These can be blocked by configuring your web browser to block third-party cookies or by blocking cookies from the specific domain:
For visitors to the site, no personal data is collected or processed.
Huddersfield Exposed Forums
- If you register an account on the site's forums, session cookies will be set once you have successfully logged in.
- If you link your account to your social login (Facebook, Google or Twitter), the forum software will securely store the username and email address provided by that social media platform.
- You can set your email preferences from within your profile. You email address is used only for the purposes of:
- allowing you to reset your password
- sending forum notifications (you can select which notifications you wish to receive from within your profile)
- You can also request a copy of your data or fully delete your account from within your profile.
Spidering & Indexing
- All spiders, bots and other automated indexers and scrapers must obey the site's robots.txt file and should re-download it on regular (e.g. daily) basis. The crawl-delay and all disallow entries must be respected — failure to do so will lead to the bot and/or IP address (or IP range) being permanently blocked.
- Excessive downloading of content may lead to the offender's IP addresses (or IP range) being permanently blocked.