Huddersfield is a large market town in West Yorkshire, England, with a population of over 160,000 and is rich in both history and architecture.
Huddersfield Exposed has been set with the follow goals:
- To explore the history of the town and the surrounding districts, with particular emphasis on the obscure, the unusual and the previous undocumented.
- To detail the lives of those who lived in the area, from the famous to the forgotten.
- To make available under a liberal Creative Commons License all original content created for the site.
- To make available a large amount of historical materials, including facsimiles, reproductions and transcriptions of books, newspaper articles, photographs, postcards, etc, where it is believed that the material is in the Public Domain or when explicit permission has been granted by the rights holder.
- To allow anyone with a genuine interest in the area to contribute research and materials (the latter should either be already in the Public Domain or licensed in such a way as to allowed reproduction on a non-commercial web site).
The above goals are explained in more depth here.
If you've found useful information on this site, please say "thanks" by showing your support.
Should you wish to contact the administrator of this site for any purpose, please use the form below:
If you would prefer to send a direct email, use the following email address:
Privacy & Cookies
This web site uses a local installation of Matomo to provide anonymised web analytics and usage reports. If you have configured your web browser to send a Do Not Track (DNT) header, your usage of this site will not be tracked.
This site also uses Disqus to provide commenting functionality on most pages. If you would prefer to opt out of this, you can use the link below:
n.b. the above opt out works by setting a cookie which then disables the functionality across the entire web site
Update: April 2018
- We are currently in the process of developing a commenting system to replace Disqus as their business model now requires payment to remove advertising.