Huddersfield is a large market town in West Yorkshire, England, with a population of over 160,000 and is rich in both history and architecture.
Huddersfield Exposed was set up in 2015 with the follow goals:
- To explore the history of the town and the surrounding districts, with particular emphasis on the obscure, the unusual and the previous undocumented.
- To detail the lives of those who lived in the area, from the famous to the forgotten.
- To make available under a liberal Creative Commons License all original content created for the site.
- To make available a large amount of historical materials, including facsimiles, reproductions and transcriptions of books, newspaper articles, photographs, postcards, etc, where it is believed that the material is in the Public Domain or when explicit permission has been granted by the rights holder.
- To allow anyone with a genuine interest in the area to contribute research and materials (the latter should either be already in the Public Domain or licensed in such a way as to allowed reproduction on a non-commercial web site).
The above goals are explained in more depth here.
If you've found useful information on this site, please say "thanks" by showing your support.
Should you wish to contact the administrator of this site for any purpose, please use the form below:
If you would prefer to send a direct email, use the following email address:
Privacy & Cookies
- This web site uses a local installation of Matomo to provide anonymised web analytics and usage reports. If you have configured your web browser to send a Do Not Track (DNT) header, your usage of this site will not be tracked. Matomo may set a secure session cookie (MATOMO_SESSID).
- If you have an account which allows you to edit the content of this web site, MediaWiki will generate secure session cookies (hudwiki*) once you have logged in.
- The web site uses a local installation of NodeBB forum software to allow public comments to be left on individual pages. Should you wish to leave a comment, you will need to create an account. Once created, you have full control over any personal details held within the commenting system and can delete your account at any time. Your personal details will not be used for any other purpose. If your email address is held within the system, it will not be made available to any third party. If you access NodeBB, it will set a secure session cookie (express.sid).
- The satellite and street map tiles are provided by the following third-party domains who might set a cookie. These can be blocked by configuring your web browser to block third-party cookies or by blocking cookies from the specific domain:
Spidering & Indexing
- All spiders, bots and other automated indexers and scrapers must obey the site's robots.txt file and should re-download it on regular (e.g. daily) basis. The crawl-delay and all disallow entries must be respected — failure to do so will lead to the bot and/or IP address (or IP range) being permanently blocked.
- Excessive downloading of content may lead to the offender's IP addresses (or IP range) being permanently blocked.
Notes and References
- ↑ IP addresses are not recorded.