A Living Inheritance (1988) by E. Shackleton
- 88 pages
- ISBN 0900746351
- Chapter 1: Handclasp with the Past
- Chapter 2: The Growth of the Township and Woollen Industry
- Chapter 3: Developments and Amenities
- Chapter 4: The People Build a Hall
- Chapter 5: The Changing Way of Life
- Chapter 6: Education in the Township
- Chapter 7: Victorian Miscellany
- Chapter 8: A Flag of Hope
Search within this book:
Under the terms of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, the copyright of literary, dramatic, musical or artistic works in the United Kingdom expires at the end of the period of 70 years from the end of the calendar year in which the author dies.
The author, Esme Shackleton, died in 2001 and copyright on her works expires at the end of 2071.
Notes and References
- Esme Shackleton was born 12 October 1921, the daughter of Arthur Shackleton (born 7 November 1888) and his wife Emily (born 14 July 1887). She did not marry and lived at 146 Longwood Gate for most (if not all) of her life. She died on 23 March 2001.