The following is just a flavour of the events which took place and we hope to add more soon!
The following events took place in 1800...
- The Huddersfield Canal Bill is read for the third time in the House of Commons and passed.
- John Motley, woolstapler of Huddersfield, is declared bankrupt.
- Joseph Hobson, dealer of Moorgate in Netherthong, is declared bankrupt.
- Newspaper report that a farmer of Crosland Moor (or Crosland Edge) "was enriched with the following encrease of stock and family" — three calves were born at 6am and 7am, seven (or eleven) piglets at 9am, and his wife gave birth to twins before noon.
- Silvester Sikes, banker of Huddersfield, is declared bankrupt.
- James Knowles, merchant of Greenhead, Huddersfield, is declared bankrupt.