The following is just a flavour of the events which took place and we hope to add more soon!
The following events took place in 1792...
- Thomas Bradley, merchant of Almondbury, declared bankrupt.
- Samuel Lancaster, innkeeper and currier of Huddersfield, declared bankrupt.
- Joshua Brook, merchant of Netherthong, declared bankrupt.
- Joshua Smith, merchant of Upperthong, declared bankrupt.
- Joseph Lockwood, clothier of Huddersfield, declared bankrupt.
- Several newspaper report that three daughters of John Tate of Lockwood who had married three brothers — Jonathan, John and James Shaw — had all died within a few months of each other.
- The London Chronicle reports that the French Government had paid Mrs. Atkinson of Huddersfield £100,000 to supply course woollens for use by the French Army.