The following events took place in 1791...
- Ely Shaw, clothier of Woodnook, Honley, is declared bankrupt.
- A fire breaks out at the home of clothier William Cockin of Honley. Two children were “with great difficulty taken out alive”.
- Around £1,200 worth of damage is caused by a fire at the scribbling and fulling mills of Messrs. Ramsden & Co. of Golcar.
- Thomas Beaumont and his grandchild are killed by lightning at Meltham. His daughter was stood some distance away and her hat was scorched.
- The Rev. J. Coates becomes the new Vicar of Huddersfield.
- Batley Royston, cloth manufacturer of Lindley, declared bankrupt.