The following is just a flavour of the events which took place and we hope to add more soon!
The following events took place in 1790...
- Thomas Haigh, clothier of Marsden, is declared bankrupt.
- A youth aged about twelve is killed at a bark mill in Kirkbuton when a harness beam strikes him on the back of his head, splitting his skull.
- The Rev. John Ramsden becomes the new Vicar of Huddersfield, taking over from the Rev. John Lowe.
- William Houghton, cloth dresser of Intake, Huddersfield, declared bankrupt.
- Death of Hugh Ramsden of Golcar, aged 86.
- Mr. Morton of Kirkheaton, returning home drunk from market, falls in a “piece of water” and drowns.
- A young girl aged about 12 is raped at Crosland Hill near Huddersfield. Her cries are heard by four men who grab her assailant, who is taken to Wakefield to await trial.