The following is just a flavour of the events which took place and we hope to add more soon!
The following events took place in 1773...
- 19th — Death of Rev. Crooks, Vicar of Huddersfield.
- The Rev. Trotter, of Bradfield near Sheffield, becomes the new Vicar of Huddersfield.
- Thomas Riley, an “eminent butcher” of Huddersfield, marries Mrs Kidson of Lee Head, an “amiable widow, with a genteel fortune”.
- William Black, linen draper of Huddersfield, declared bankrupt.
- Death of Joseph Kay, “salter at Marsden, near Huddersfield”. His “fortune of upwards of £10,000” goes to his only sister, the wife of merchant John Plowes of Huddersfield.