HILL TOP FOLD, Slaithwaite. Farmer yeoman house. Dated 1685, altered. Built for Aeneas & Elizabeth Bothomley, incorporating some earlier timber work. Thinly coursed rubble with quoins. Stone slate roof (turned). The roof of the projecting parlour wing to left, was turned through 90° c.1800 and is now parallel to the main range. Two storeys. Although the house was divided in the C19 the original plan form can be clearly seen. A through passage with lower end to right and house body to left with fireplace backing onto passage. To the left of the house body is the parlour, now divided and to the rear is a slightly later kitchen wing. The passage doorway is arched and has chamfered surround. The lintel is inscribed "AE EB 1685". To the left is a 2-light fire window and the 6-light hall window with king mullion, both double chamfered. One 4-light and two 2-light chamfered windows to first floor. The windows to the lower end to the right of the doorway have been replaced by windows from another house of similar date: two 4-light and one 2-light window all double chamfered. The latter being in the place of an early doorway leading directly into the lower end chamber. An ogee headed window at the rear of this end is also a replacement. The windows to the parlour wing are double chamfered: 5-light to the ground floor and 4-light to the first floor. The kitchen wing has one 5-light window to each floor, double chamfered to the ground floor and single chamfered to the first floor, the latter having new mullions and lintel. The interior retains much original timberwork including reed-moulded joists and arched and pegged door frames. One door survives and has 3 round arched panels, this is between the house body and the parlour. The spine beams in the house body are scarf-jointed at the point where a bressummer would have been and there is clear evidence of a fire-hood. This is believed to be the only surviving and intact example of C17 yeoman house in the Colne Valley. It was the home of the Rev Robert Meeke from 1689-1724. Documentation relating to the house and its owners include: Inventory of Edmund Bothomley 1668, Inventory of will of Edmund Bothomley 1780. Numerous references to the Bothomley family in Slaithwaite Court Rolls.