This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- location: corner of New Street & King Street, Huddersfield
- status: still exists
- category: commercial buildings
- notes: currently a branch of Caffè Nero
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 29 September 1978
- listing entry number 1228296
NEW STREET 1. 5113 (East Side) No 13 SE 1416 NW 1/936 II GV 2. Early or mid C19, ground floor probably early C20. Ashlar. 3 storeys. Moulded eaves cornice with entablature. Continuous moulded sill to 1St and 2nd floors. Ground floor has colonnade of fluted Greek Doric columns taking full entablature, cornice of Vitruvian scroll interrupted by lions' heads probably surviving from original design. Curverd corner bay, slightly recessed. 7 ranges of sashes in south front, 3 in west front.