This page is a bare-bones entry for a location which appears on an historic Ordnance Survey map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: 11 to 15 Beast Market
- appears on maps: 1851 [#605]
- location on map: off Beast Market, Huddersfield
- listed in: Jubb's (1937)
- status: exists
- category: property with yard
- notes: now the Central Lodge Hotel (centrallodge.com)
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 04 February 1976
- listing entry number 1220303
BEASTMARKET (North Side) Nos 11 to 15 (odd). C18. Hammer-dressed stone. Pitched stone slate roof. Two storeys. Tall brick stacks. Gutter on cut stone brackets. Six ranges of C19 sashes in plain raised surrounds. Rear has one range of 4-light stone mullioned sashes with glazing bars (ground floor one has one mullion removed), another range of stone mullioned sashes (ground floor are 5-light with glazing bars, first floor one 4-light with two mullions removed), continuous vertical staircase window over door with six moulded panels, and one range of C19 sashes.