Jackson Bridge Wesleyan Methodist Church

From Off the Record
Jump to: navigation, search
This is a backup of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. The live went offline in 2016 and remains unavailable.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

Later called Hepworth Methodist Church.

The class was established in 1778, probably from Netherthong Wesleyan Methodist Church. The chapel was built in Chapel Bank between 1808 - 1809. A Sunday School was built next door to the chapel in 1901. The chapel closed in 1969 and some members joined Scholes Methodist Church, the chapel was later demolished and the Sunday School turned into a house.