Independant School, Calder Road, Lower Hopton

From Off the Record
Jump to: navigation, search
This is a backup of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. The live went offline in 2016 and remains unavailable.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

The day School was established in 1845 using Hopton Independant Church Sunday School, the school closed in 1909 when the Council School opened. The council school opened at the corner of Woodend Road and Chiswick Lane, Lower Hopton, it was built to replace the independant school and was later called Hopton County Primary School. It became a school for 5 - 9 year olds, c1971 - 1973, its present name Hopton Junior, Infants and Nursery School.

The earliest log book for the school is dated January 1880.