Honley Wesleyan Reform Church

From Off the Record
Jump to: navigation, search
This is a backup of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. The live went offline in 2016 and remains unavailable.

The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.

Later Honley United Methodist Free Church.

Established by Welseyan Reformers who seceded from Ebenezer Wesleyan Methodist Church, c1849. The congregation uses premises in Oldfield Buildings for worship which had been formerly used by Primitive Methodists. The congregation gradually dwindled in size as did not attract younger members and it closed in 1900. The Oldfield Building later used as an annexe for woodwork lessons by Honley Church of England School.