Holme Wesleyan Methodist Mission
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Established from Hinchliffe Mill Wesleyan Methodist Church 1846, using Holme Free School or sometimes a cottage for services. Holme Free School was a day school endowed in 1693, built in 1694 and rebuilt in 1820 and 1838. It was also used as an undenominational Sunday School in the 1800's and ceased to be used as a day school in 1880, but continued in use as a Sunday School and also for undenominational worship. Wesleyan Services were still being held at Holme Free School in 1910. The undenominational services held at the school were mainly taken by Methodist preachers by c1980 and were still occuring in 2000.