Hightown Wesleyan Reform Church, Liversedge
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Later Hightown United Methodist Free Church; then Hightown Free Methodist Church.
Established by Wesleyan Reformers who seceded from Hightown St John's Wesleyan Methodist Church 1850-1851.
A chapel was built in Chapel Street off the north side of Halifax Road in 1851.
In 1907 the chapel was rebuilt and the Sunday School was built next door.
Between 1925-1942 the congregation left the United Methodist Church and became independent of all denominations.
In the later 1900s it was known as Hightown Free Methodist Church.
The chapel was demolished in 1998 and the Sunday School was then used for services.
The church closed in 2007.
Records for this church can be found at the West Yorkshire Archive Service: Kirklees under the reference number WYK1177.