Hightown Trinity Methodist Church, Liversedge
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Primitive Methodist services were held in the open air at Hightown c1820.
Hightown was a preaching centre in Leeds Primitive Methodist Circuit in 1821 using John Armitage's cottage at the top of Knowler Hill. Later John Dixon's house at Tanhouses was used.
In 1871 a chapel was built on the north side of Halifax Road just above Primrose Lane. This chapel closed in 1969 and the congregation joined Littletown St Andrew's Methodist Church.
Records relating to this church can be found at the West Yorkshire Archive Service: Kirklees under the reference number KC273/38.