Highburton Primitive Methodist Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Kirkburton was a preaching centre in Barnsley Primitive Methodist Circuit in 1821, though it is uncertain where these services were held.
A chapel was built in Slantgate in 1832 and a Sunday School was built next door in 1889.
The church closed c1970s.
Records relating to this church can be found at West Yorkshire Archive Service: Kirklees office under the reference no. KC307/4.