Highburton C of E School
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Originally known as Highburton National School, Northfield Lane, the school was built between 1879 - 1880. It became known as Highburton Church of England School from c1900, later being known as Highburton Church of England Primary School. It became a school for 5 -9 year olds in the 1970's and is presently known as Highburton C.E First School. The earliest recorded log book for this school is July 1880.