This is a backup of the West Yorkshire Archive Service's "Off the Record" wiki from 2015. The live went offline in 2016 and remains unavailable.
This is a list of polling districts within the Goole electoral registration division from 1949-1974.
The Polling District appears in bold and townships within each District are listed below it. The Polling Districts are given here in alphabetical order, although this may not be the order in which they appear in the electoral register. It should help to note which Polling District a place appears in to make searching through the electoral registers an easier task.
Dated entries indicate when townships were re-named as wards or parts of wards (or occassionally when the Polling Districts had other places added to them). Each Polling District was assigned a letter or number of letters which usually remains the same from one year to the next.
Goole Division Q.D. (qualifying date) 1948-1973
- Goole: Central ward
- Goole: East ward
- Goole: North ward
- Goole: North East ward
- Goole: South ward
- Goole: West ward
- Hoot: Mount Pleasant District (from 1950, see also Hook)
- Hatfield: Dunsville ward
- Hatfield: Dunscroft ward
- Hatfield: Hatfield ward
- Hatfield: Hatfield Woodhouse ward
- Hook: Hook District
- Hook: Mount Pleasant District (to 1950, see Goole)
- Knottingley: Central ward
- Knottingley: East ward
- Knottingley: Ferrybridge ward
- Knottingley: West ward
- 1963 Knottingley: Ferrybridge ward
- 1963 Knottingley: Hilltop ward
- 1963 Knottingley: Simpsons ward
- 1963 Knottingley: South ward
- 1963 Knottingley: Weeland ward
Snaith & Cowick
- Snaith & Cowick: Snaith District
- Snaith & Cowick: East Cowick District
- Thorne: Moorends ward
- Thorne: Town ward
For a list of the Goole electoral registers held by WYAS: Wakefield see here.
See here for Goole Polling Districts 1975-1983.
Click here to go back to the main Electoral Registers: list of Divisions page or here for the Electoral Registers: alphabetical list of place names page.