Emley Primitive Methodist Church
The following source list was originally available only on paper in one of the West Yorkshire Archive Service offices. It may have been compiled many years ago and could be out of date. It was designed to act as a signpost to records of interest on a particular historical subject, but may relate only to one West Yorkshire district, or be an incomplete list of sources available. Please feel free to add or update with any additional information.
Established in c1819, a chapel was built on Warburton Road between 1828 - 1829. After a dispute Primitive Methodists left the chapel in c1850 and the remaining members became Christian Bretheren. A new chapel was built in Church Street in 1850 with a new chapel and Sunday School being built next door to the old one in Church Street in 1910. The old chapel was sold between 1912 -1914 and turned into a house and shop. It was still in existence in 2000.